Hey,

The QA process is a little iffy, but I do try awful hard :)

The process, in short:

- Mailing list is layer 1 of QA process. Patches for release are first
vetted here.
- I am the final layer of QA process for the stable tree... Patches are
tested (almost always...), reviewed, then included. All patches are
individually build-tested locally.
- In a happier world we'd have buildbot run at this point, but I kinda
broke that and need to fix it, sorry.
- When enough patches are in, we ready for a release candidate (-rc). I
usually fire up VM's for 4-5 different OS's and run a build test, review
the patches queued again, then send out a release candidate for public
testing.
- We wait a few days to a week between -rc's until no new bug reports come
in.
- We tag, stamp, and release the next stable.

I don't usually, but for 1.2.7 and beyond, will be dogfooding the -rc in
Six Apart's memcached cluster before release... Swap in one server and see
how it does... After giving to the developers/etc. I'd encourage others do
so as well.

I'm excessively paranoid about the quality of memcached's releases, and
can say with certainty that we've been removing more bugs than we've been
adding for the last three. If I can get my head out of my ass we'll even
be able to move faster and release more often :)

have fun,
-Dormando