Hei,

I wrote the little depcached variation on top of memcached.
The main purpose of depcached is to

I created depcached for a number of reasons:

1. Add dependencies between keys, to help the hardest problem of
caching - cache invalidation;
2. Hierarchical cache keys so a cache can be used by different sites
at the same time;
3. In our use the slab allocator gave us out of memory problems;
4. Added a garbage collector to actively purge invalidated cache
entries;
5. Added queues, but we really didn't use them.

I am about to start with a rewrite to address some problems we saw in
production.

The queues were literally hacked upon it, and I want to completely
redo that part.
I think that the queues are something completely independent from the
caching part and the only reason to merge them into a memcached alike
is to prevent having yet another connection and service on your
webservers.

Any suggestions for a queue part are welcome.

- Marc Worrell