On Mar 25, 12:08 am, Dustin <dsalli...@gmail.com> wrote:

>   What version of libevent are you using?  Is it possible that this is
> a factor?

1-4-9, also tested with 1-4-8, the behaviour is the same. I used the
exact same libevent in all the tests (exhibiting latency or not) so I
tend to rule out libevent.

>   I'd tend to want to blame the kernel, but it'd be good to collect as
> much info as possible.
>
>   Are you saying that you don't see this happening on the server, but
> only the client?  (That is, a client on a newer OS works better)?

Yes:
server on suse 9 , client on suse 9: there is latency
server on suse 9,  client on latest ubuntu: no latency
server on ubunutu, client on suse 9: latency
all on ubuntu: no latency

The very strange thing is that is only occurs when using the binary
protocol, ascii one is working perfectly in every configuration.
Is there really that much of a difference in network exchange patterns
between ascii and binary ?

---
Jean-Charles