I second the idea of making the value a little more clear/useful. My only
reservation is to not convert it to a lossy calculated value... It's
useful to be able to write a monitor to watch the more exact ratios, or
graph exact sizes. Which you lose if you calculate down the information
too far.

That said ... I don't have any great alternative ideas offhand.

-Dormando