On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 10:07:07AM -0700, Dustin wrote:

>   A few quick things:
>
>   Have you tried the latest 1.3.3?  1.4 release is imminent and a lot
> of work has been done there.

Not yet - I had high hopes for 1.2.8 given the various stability
improvements between 1.2.6 -> 1.2.8.

>   Can you run your test with the memcached-debug binary?  It should
> provide more useful results.

Hm, it was the memcached-debug one I used. That said, I didn't run with
any -v options. How should I be compiling / running for maximum data?

>   Most importantly, can you provide a test program we can use to
> recreate this failure, understand it well, and be sure it doesn't
> happen again?

Heh :)

It's our entire public-facing web app written in .NET which is causing
this behaviour.. usually not until many hours have passed, so that's not
really a goer. There are 10-15 seperate webservers accessing the cache.

I'll give the 1.3.x series a try.

Were the backtraces of any use at all?

Cheers,
Gavin.