Hi,

Try the description I put into the MySQL manual:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/ha-memcached-using-memory.html

MC

On 29 Jun 2009, at 07:30, Harish Kumar wrote:

Hi,

I am a new user interested in knowing the details of memcached. I am
very confused seeing the code. Can any one tell in detail or give me a
link about the memory utilisation in memcached. I had gone through
slabs.c file but I didn't understand the concept. What is the smallest
chunk of memory used. By what power the memory chunk increases.
Anticipating for a good response from the professionals. Thanks in
advance.

--
Martin MC Brown, Technical Writer
MySQL and Infrastructure Group, Sun Microsystems