Hey,

I'm pleased to announce the latest stable milestone for memcached, 1.4.0!

notes: http://code.google.com/p/memcached/wiki/ReleaseNotes140

download: http://memcached.googlecode.com/files/memcached-1.4.0.tar.gz

The newest version of 1.4.0 has been a lot of work from Trond, Dustin, and
others. Bringing us the binary protocol, many new statistics, and
significant performance improvements. See the release notes for full
information, but in short, this release kicks ass. It opens the door for
us in future memcached development.

This is a dot-oh product, and we give no guarantees, but it is very well
tested. Please deploy this software and let us know how it goes for you.
The release is fully backwards compatible, so please feel free to replace
one or two servers and test it first - in fact we always recommend you
exercize similar caution when upgrading.

We are presently running 1.4.0 in production at Six Apart. We'll be
completing the full rollout over the next few business days.

Report bugs, give us feedback, let us know if you've tried it. It'll be a
big help.

Thanks,
-Dormando