Owner: dsallings
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 70 by dsallings: Incorrect data type when referencing the data
size of an item.
http://code.google.com/p/memcached/issues/detail?id=70

The item struct records the number of bytes as an int.  This should be
unsigned.

While in there, we should probably ensure that no reference to a size is
ever processed in a signed way.

Note that while size_t has been suggested, it may be inappropriate as the
size is generally assumed to be significantly less than 2^32 bytes long.
Support for a 64-bit object size would probably require lots of changes we
don't expect to see here anyway.

(four gigs ought to be enough for any item)