Hello folk!

Currently, we use memcached as caching solution.
We provide a link to 3 servers, a server-2x the Memcache daemon is
started (2 different ports (depending 4GB)

192.168.0.1:11211 (4 GB)
192.168.0.1:11212 (4 GB)
192.168.0.2:11211 (700 MB)
192.168.0.3:11211 (700 MB)

-> Php.ini: memcache.hash_strategy consistent = <--

$o_memcache = new Memcache ();
$o_memcache->addServer ([SERVER], [PORT]);

whenever a request comes the "connect" is no longer needed because
Memcache established the connection automatically.
We also tried $o_memcache=connect([SERVER], [PORT]); - same problem.

About $o_memcache->get([KEY]), we check to see if the KEY is already
set (KEY = UNIQUE!).
In case of error returns GET "false".
When TRUE, the content of the KEY will be shown - otherwise with
$o_memcache->set([KEY], [CONTENT], MEMCACHE_COMPRESSED, mktime (date
( "H") +6)); will be saved for 6 hours.

You should guess the KEY will be saved for the next 6 hours, but in
this case, it will not.
After about 2-3 minutes the KEY returns with GET "FALSE" again.

We also tried this:
- Memcache connection with addServer, connect and pconnect
- 1 server as connection, multiple server (like listed above - as
pool)

Server stats:
evictions = 0
cur_connections: ~50-100

Server settings:

Apache 2.11
PHP 5.2.8

Memcache-Info by phpinfo();
Active persistent connections 4
Version 2.2.5
Revision $Revision: 1.111 $
memcache.allow_failover 1 1
memcache.chunk_size 8192 8192
memcache.default_port 11211 11211
memcache.default_timeout_ms 1000 1000
memcache.hash_function crc32 crc32
memcache.hash_strategy consistent consistent
memcache.max_failover_attempts 20 20

Does anybody know this issue or solution(s) to fix this problem?

Thanks for help.

Jean Michel

PS: Also used memcached (with a "d"). Same Problem...