If code push is your issue, make code push easier...

In that I mean you don't have to push full code for twiddling something
like the list of memcached's. Split the list of servers off into a
seperate source file that's included, then give ops the ability to push
those subsets of files quickly and easily. Don't have your app code pushes
overwrite them either.

-Dormando