Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 107 by mar...@hyves.nl: binary protocol can only parse 1 command within a recieved udp / tcp buffer
http://code.google.com/p/memcached/issues/detail?id=107

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. compile attached code
2. start an empty memcached server with verbose (-vvv) with udp port 10000
3. run program against it. You will see that it processes both packages.
4. restart memcached and add the keys hello and world with random values.
5. rerun the program, it will only process the first packet and return.

I expected to handle all commands in the packet.

memcached v1.4.3 on gentoo linux with kernel 2.6 and epoll.

After some code reviewing I got it working through the attached patch. It's
just a quick hack to test my clientside driver, I think a better solution
can be made here.

On top of that I think it should be way better to pack the responses as
well. It uses 1 packet for each response even if there is room to fit in an
other get response.

Attachments:
        test.c  2.0 KB
        multiple-bincommands-onepacket.patch  475 bytes