Yes, good point as far as service interruption is concerned but I  don't see
how this affects performance, especially if the programmer carefully uses
this feature for tiny amounts of data per user.... I just think, given how
far memcache has metamorphosed, the time is probably right to include such a
feature (to be used with some care of course)