dormando wrote:

To be most accurate, it is "how many chunks will fit into the max item
size, which by default is 1mb". The page size being == to the max item
size is just due to how the slabbing algorithm works. It creates slab
classes between a minimum and a maximum. So the maximum ends up being the
item size limit.

I can see this changing in the future, where we have a "max item size" of
whatever, and a "page size" of 1mb, then larger items are made up of
concatenated smaller pages or individual malloc's.

So what happens when a key is repeatedly written and it grows a bit each time? I had trouble with that long ago with a berkeleydb version that I think was eventually fixed. As things work now, if the new storage has to move to a larger block, is the old space immediately freed?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikes...@gmail.com