Here is what we have setup:

 - nginx frontend that serves from Memcached directly.
 - A daemon (written in PHP) that gets called every minute, in the 1
minute, the daemon loops around 3 times and writes to memcached for 7
"items" with an updated timer.
 - When our user visits the website, it querys the server, which
serves from the cache every second and updates the timer on the
screen.

The problem we are seeing is that the website shows the timer skipping
a few seconds pretty often, what seems to be going on is that the
website script is reading two values being the same from the cache in
the span of 2 seconds, my question is if I am writing that often, how
can the website be reading "stale" data? Am I writing too fast?

BTW, the buffered I/O option is set to off on the PHP library already.

Thanks!