memcached's protocol is, as has been pointed out, already language agnostic
and much more efficient than trying to do HTTP.  If you're saying RESTful in
the "not necessarily HTTP" sense, though, then I'd say that memcached's text
protocol is basically already as RESTful as you're going to get- think of
commands as verbs ('get,' 'set,' 'add,' 'delete,' etc...) and the key as a
URI and you're basically in an analogous situation that I think basically
meets the criteria as much as you can (hard to have a stateless cache)...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Representational_State_Transfer#Constraints

If you want a key-value datastore with an HTTP interface, though, might I
recommend Tokyo Tyrant?  It speaks memcached and its own binary protocol as
well: http://1978th.net/tokyotyrant/spex.html#protocol

--
awl