> Hi to all,
>
> First of all please accept my apologies if this question answered
> before.
> I've searched for a straight answer but I couldn't find one. Maybe I'm
> not looking in the right place.
>
> So, I've started using the memcached for user sessions and I back it
> up with a database storage (in case of a miss or a memcached failure
> or other events). So far so good, I'm happy with the results, it
> really improves the performance.
>
> But, having two or more memcached servers and two or more web servers
> in a load balance, when a user logs out (basically it issues a delete
> in the memcached), can memcached client (I'm using the PHP client) or
> memcached server guarantee that the session (or any key for that
> matter) will be deleted from all memcached pool? Or I have to do this
> myself?
>
> Thank you,
> Adrian

While not specifically talking about deletes, this talks about how queries
address a pool of memcached servers generically:

http://code.google.com/p/memcached/wiki/TutorialCachingStory

The short answer is that keys only exist on one server, so the client
directly adds or deletes the only key every time.