Hi!

On Mar 3, 2011, at 5:12 PM, Bill Moseley wrote:

> But, then when I exit the program (closing the connection) the LAST key I
> wrote gets written to the replicant(s).

I explained this on the libmemcached mailing list but I will comment do a short
comment on it here as well.

Libmemcached with replica set to 2 libmemcached will write to the hashed node
and additionally to the next node in the list.

The replicated key+pair is buffered on the client, so it is not sent out
immediately, which is why you might not see it if you immediately go looking
(it also means that a client crash could leave you with just the not replicated
value in the cache).

There are no "lets vote to see if they both arrive" and ordering could be
thrown off to the replica under a number of different circumstances. There are
no split brain solutions.

This is far from bullet proof, buyer beware. Frankly though? It is probably
good enough for the vast majority of problems. If you have greater needs? Go
use a database.

Cheers,
        -Brian