> Hi all,
>
> I'm encountered an issue with the Cache::Memcached client where I
> occasionally experience slowness due to timeout on the select() call.  By
> default,
> Cache::Memcached has an undocumented select_timeout parameter, which
> specifies the timeout duration, which I'm currently hitting sporadically.
>
> I saw a post a long time ago involving a similar issue, but there were no
> subsequent updates:
>
> http://lists.danga.com/pipermail/memcached/2006-March/002066.html
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!

So you're hitting the default timeout occasionally, and it's throwing an
error?

http://code.google.com/p/memcached/wiki/Timeouts <-- walk through this
wiki to narrow down why your memcached server is occasionally taking too
long to respond. It covers most of the bases, and provides a tool to help
narrow down trouble.

-Dormando