> We're getting this error sometimes on a memcache call in php on
> memcache->get( "some key" );
>
> PHP Notice: Memcache::get() <a href='memcache.get'>memcache.get</a>:
> Server 192.168.100.53 (tcp 11211) failed with: (null) (0)
>
> And I can't find anything online about this error. Is this a time out
> or what's going on here?

I vaguely recall this being timeout related? I think the memcache client
has slightly different errors on timeout on connect vs timeout on fetch,
one of which was stupid like this one you present.

http://code.google.com/p/memcached/wiki/Timeouts <-- you can try fiddling
with the timeouts and walking through this to see if anything's relevant.