It looks like you're using the system wrong. As you say 1.2.2 _is_ really
old and buggy, so you should be upgrading that to a more stable version..

The complete set of stats would reveal more information, but some things to
check could be:

*) What is the number of items on your server and the memory they consume?
Could it be that you're not storing the items in the first place?
*) Are you sure the client is using the same hashing method to locate the
server during store and fetch? Could it be that you're trying to fetch from
another server than you're storing the object to?
*) If you're having a lot of items there, what's the eviction rate of the
server?? Could it be that you're simply "trashing"?
*) If you're not having evictions, do you use timeouts on your objects?
Could it be that your objects time out before you try to access them again?

Cheers,

Trond

--
Trond Norbye