Comment #25 on issue 99 by dorma...@rydia.net: Memcached 1.4.2 server segmentation fault
http://code.google.com/p/memcached/issues/detail?id=99

Here is another patch that I will likely stage in my for_147 tree for now. This is similar to yours, except it directly accesses that connection's thread's current base, for even more sanity.

After trying the assert patch, can you test this one against 1.4.6 and let me know if it has similarily good results?

Given that you're saying 1.6 works, but the backtraces in 1.4 show it going through some code which *wasn't* changed, I'm sorta even more terrified about what could possibly be causing this.

Attachments:
        memcached_thread_base_fix.patch  687 bytes