Hi,

We are using memcached to cache .net serialized items, as a asp .net session
provider, a database cache, and to store real time data.

Now, we are using 4 server, with 40GB of data to memcached, in the same
server that we run the IIS.

All of these server have 48GB of RAM, and 2 processors Xeon Quad HT.

These server have 2 1Gbps network interfaces, one for local (memcached) and
other for internet (IIS).

These servers are showing a strange network usage in the local interface.

In one server we have around 60% of network usage and in the 3 others we
have around 25%.

All server have around 4k operations per second.

Coincidence or not, the server with high load is the last server added to
cluster.

So the question, has memcached some kind of master server who need to
coordinate the other servers or are something that could explain the high
network usage in this interface?

We are using the couchbase version of memcached (membase version 1.7.0, with
memcached buckets) with the eniym client in .net.

We appreciate any kind of information that could help.

Best regards,

Sergio Garcia