Well, if I need to put another object in the collection, I need to first
get it the existing object from the cache. And then insert this new object
within that collection. Reducing performance by that much. But I understand
that perf will not drop considerably since a get is much faster, and its
only 1 more get for every put.

If memcached would provide such a feature, it would have to manage a
collection instead of a value. And allow a api to "insert duplicate". And
fetch a collection instead of a object. Much faster than the former
approach above.

Ok, let me ask this question (sorry if Im being lame here, just point me to
the doc's if I missed something). Is there a way to define a set (or region
as it would be on microsoft velocity) ?

Siddharth