Most of the information is here:

http://code.google.com/p/memcached/wiki/ReleaseNotes1411beta1

I'm calling this "beta1" instead of "rc1" since I have a few things to
fix, and want to try to roll in a few of the recently reported bugs.

If you're running or have tried 1.4.10 and have seen some crash issues,
please also try the beta and let me know if things are better or worse,
and what the exact errors are. I'm very sorry for adding the crash bugs.
Threads are trisky things, and it's taken some evolution of mc-crusher's
configs to cause such crashes.

Mostly just cleanup related things left; adding new lines to
doc/protocol.txt. I've added the usage of some GCC atomics to the code,
and also need to go attempt to blind port those to solaris and also add a
fallback mode.

Slab page reassignment has been a much needed feature for a very very long
time. *Please* spend some time hacking at the beta if you can, and provide
any feedback.

Thanks,
-Dormando