On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 2:51 PM, Ripduman Sohan <ripduman.so...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2 March 2012 01:55, Wendy Cheng <s.wendy.ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We plan to start tuning work for our Memcached setup. The binaries
>> were built on top of "engine_pu" branch (storage engine interface). A
>> quick test run (everything on default, including storage engine
>> itself) using
>>
>> "/usr/local/bin/memslap --server xyz --test=get --concurrency=1024"
>>
>> got a bunch of "Failured on read " errors. Using "gdb" to dig a little
>> bit, nothing in "default_get()" shows failure. Before we continue the
>> trace tomorrow, if folks can pass some tuning tips (particularly
>> around the network stacks), it'll be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Wendy
>
> Wendy,
>
> Solarflare did some work previously on network stack tuning which may
> be useful to you: Link is at:
> http://10gigabitethernet.typepad.com/network_stack/2011/09/memcached-goes-faster-with-onload.html
>
> --

Thanks .. (your link) look like a NUMA machine ...

Anyway, our problem seems to be a DNS lookup scaling issue (fail at
getaddrinfo() with error code 51, not sure how "51" exactly means
though) . We are now running with 2 test clients each with 800
concurrency. We'll come back to this issue eventually. But for now,
2-clients setup works for us (as the focus is with server's storage
engine).

-- Wendy