Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 280 by nelz9...@gmail.com: Enhancement Request - "monitor" a la Redis, potentially "monitor [grepStr]"
http://code.google.com/p/memcached/issues/detail?id=280

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. N/A - Enhancement request.

N/A

In Redis, I've fallen in love with the "monitor" command, which helps me debug even a simple interaction with the datastore.
http://redis.io/commands/monitor
Having something similar in memcached which would echo back command and keys (not bodies, probably) of real-life traffic would be super useful. As an added bonus, it'd be great if we could limit the values that we are listening to by some string.

PS. Thanks for all you do!