Jeff Martens <jmart...@gmail.com> writes:

> Probably a newbie question but something I've been wondering. If you
> host your site/app at host A and then your memcached nodes at host C,
> does not having the memcached nodes on the same network result in
> diminished value of using memcached in the first place?

  Slightly confusing terminology there.  "host" usually refers to a
machine.  It's common to have application and cache software on
different hosts, but...

> Example: If someone uses Rackspace for the site/app, is there any
> point in using EC2 Elasticache? Or does having them on two different
> networks cancel out and benefits?

  The latency will be ridiculous.  The things your caching will need to
be quite expensive to have cache requests across the internet to be
beneficial.

--
dustin