Hi.

I have developed a memcached-compatible KVS named yrmcds.
http://cybozu.github.io/yrmcds/

yrmcds has several features that memcached do not have:

* A master/slave replication with automatic fail-over.
* Large objects can be stored in temporary files to save memory usage.
* Server-side object locking mechanism.

For the last feature, the protocol need to be enhanced with several
new commands and response statuses. Details are here:
https://github.com/cybozu/yrmcds/blob/master/docs/locking.md

A working client library is also available here as a separate project:
http://cybozu.github.io/libyrmcds/

In order to guarantee future compatibility with memcached, I hope to
reserve these new commands and statuses just like range query extensions:
https://github.com/memcached/memcached/blob/master/protocol_binary.h#L118

I have prepared a pull-request to reserve binary commands used for locking.
https://github.com/memcached/memcached/pull/44

Could you please merge it?

Thanks.
@ymmt2005