> Hey guys!
>
> I was wondering if anyone knew the answers to the following questions?
>  *  What is Memcached's total downloads to date?
>  *  How many daily/monthly downloads does it have?
>  *  How large is the install/user base?
> I'm trying to get a better understanding of FLOSS adoption rates. Any input
> would be helpful!

I don't think it's possible to know these numbers accurately.
direct source downloads are counted here for recent releases:
http://code.google.com/p/memcached/downloads/list?can=1&q=&colspec=Filename+Summary+Uploaded+ReleaseDate+Size+DownloadCount

... but the counts for older releases were lost. most installs are done
via package managers from various distro's, which we don't have the
download counts for.

I'd say adoption rate is pretty good, but probably dropping recently. I
have no data to pack up this assumption.