Hi,

After idling for a while, Memcached 1.4.15 (debug build) fails quite
consistently on one of the asserts in the item_free function, item.c, line
225:

void item_free(item *it) {
> size_t ntotal = ITEM_ntotal(it);
> unsigned int clsid;assert((it->it_flags & ITEM_LINKED) == 0); // <= fails
> hereassert(it != heads[it->slabs_clsid]);assert(it !=
> tails[it->slabs_clsid]);assert(it->refcount == 0);
>
> /* so slab size changer can tell later if item is already free or not */
> clsid = it->slabs_clsid;
> it->slabs_clsid = 0;
> DEBUG_REFCNT(it, 'F');
> slabs_free(it, ntotal, clsid);
> }

 Release build, in its turn, crashes somewhere further in the code. I
assume both issues may be related.

The environment is:
- Memcached 1.4.15 64-bit build
- Windows Server 2012 (64-bit)
- MinGW-w64
- Pthreads-win32 (2.9.1)
- libevent (2.0.21-stable)

I'm not sure regarding Memcached 1.4 support on Windows but...

Can anybody advise me on what may be the issue here?
Should I file a bug?

--
Kind regards,
Vitalii