> Hello there,
> There he has a method to be able to remove items from the cache using a
> regular expression on the key. For example we want to remove all the key as
> "my_key_ *?"
> We try to parse all the slabs with the command "stats cachedump" but our
> slabs contain several pages and it is impossible to recover all the elements!
> Thank you.

Hi,

The common way to do this, instantly, and atomically across your entire
memcached cluster is via namespacing:
http://code.google.com/p/memcached/wiki/NewProgrammingTricks#Namespacing

You take a tradeoff: before I look up my key, I fetch a side key which
contains the current prefix. Then I add that prefix to my normal key and
do the lookup. When you want to invalidate all keys with the same prefix,
you incr or otherwise update the prefix. The old keys will fall out of the
LRU and your clients will no longer access them.

This is *much* more efficient than any wrangling around with scanning and
parsing keys. That only gets worse as you get a larger cluster, while
namespacing stays at a consistent speed.

Does this match what you're looking for, or did you have some specific
requirements? If so, please give more detail for your problem.