Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 394 by grggra...@gmail.com: Cannot seem to increase the default item size above 1 MB default
https://code.google.com/p/memcached/issues/detail?id=394

When I try to start or install memcached using the -I parameter and setting the size to 3M I get the standard warning

WARNING: Setting item max size above 1MB is not recommended!
 Raising this limit increases the minimum memory requirements
 and will decrease your memory efficiency.

And the install or start suspends.

Does this option actually work and if so How do I get it to work?

I have an object that is 3MB is size that I need to cache but cannot.

Looking at the code im memcached.c where this option is handled, I can find the warning, but I see no reason for the process to suspend and simply stop working after the warning.

Can someone point me in the right direction please.

Thank you

G.R. Graham
CECity.com