what is the question? :-)

if about keeping memcached as service, from brew:
To have launchd start memcached at login:
    ln -sfv /usr/local/opt/memcached/*.plist ~/Library/LaunchAgents
Then to load memcached now:
    launchctl load ~/Library/LaunchAgents/homebrew.mxcl.memcached.plist
Or, if you don't want/need launchctl, you can just run:
    /usr/local/opt/memcached/bin/memcached

and i suggest to install memcached via brew (it is not the latest but good
enough to keep on laptop)