There is not anywhere close to enough information in this question to help with
the specific problem you're having.

My only guess is that your application is written to stop when it gets an error
response from memcached. Catch that exception (or change an if statement, or
whatever), then you might be okay.

Regardless, this is not a memcached issue -- it is an application issue. You'll
need to fix your application.