Excellent I rely on you. I guess this is the reason you say I am
over-engineering this problem. Makes sense :-) I will again check the link
you gave me. I will go through the documentation this weekend.

On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 1:33:04 PM UTC+5:30, Dormando wrote:

> Hey,
>
> You really don't need to test this: I'm telling you flatly, as an author
> of this software and all of the documentation for it, that you should
> absolutely not rely on that pattern. I'm trying to save you some time.
>
> The pattern that is slightly better is written explicitly in pseudocode in
> the link I gave you several times in the issue. Please use it.
>
> Thanks,
> -Dormando
>
> On Fri, 3 Jun 2016, Nishant Varma wrote:
>
> > Can anyone help me peer review this script
> https://gist.github.com/varmanishant/0129286d41038cc21471652a6460a5ff
> that demonstrate potential problems with get set if it is used
> > to implement distributed locking. I was suggested to modify from get set
> to add in this thread https://github.com/memcached/memcached/issues/163.
> However I wanted a small
> > simulation to demonstrate this.
> >
> > --
> >
> > ---

This e-mail message (including any attachments) may contain information
that is confidential, protected by the attorney-client or other applicable
privileges, or otherwise comprising non-public information. This message is
intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s). If you have
any reason to believe you are not an intended recipient of this message,
please notify the sender by replying to this message and then deleting it
from your system. Any use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of
this message by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.