Hi there,

I am the author of CloudABI, a UNIX-like runtime environment that uses
capability-based security (https://nuxi.nl/). Some time ago I managed
to get memcached working, which is pretty awesome! In the process, I
had to write a couple of patches to get everything to build. Some of
those I should likely keep to myself until things stabilise, but there
are some portability fixes that could already be upstreamed.

- Don't assume IOV_MAX is defined. POSIX doesn't require it to be
present; it's optional.
https://github.com/NuxiNL/cloudabi-ports/blob/master/packages/memcached/patch-no-IOV_MAX

- Don't use caddr_t. It's not standardised. A character point should
suffice.
https://github.com/NuxiNL/cloudabi-ports/blob/master/packages/memcached/patch-no-caddr_t

- Don't make any assumptions about the size/type of time_t. Just use
intmax_t to print it.
https://github.com/NuxiNL/cloudabi-ports/blob/master/packages/memcached/patch-time_t

- The same for useconds_t. Use uintmax_t to print it.
https://github.com/NuxiNL/cloudabi-ports/blob/master/packages/memcached/patch-useconds_t

Best regards,
--
Ed Schouten <e...@nuxi.nl>