Hello,

Thanks for the response! So the slab automover is not the culprit.

As for the exact server error: unfortunately I don't have that for now as I
use libmemcached (plus pylibmc for that matter). With that said, I do have
used the plain telnet protocol when doing "further get requests" (as in my
original mail) to verify the success of set requests (and the item size
showing there are exactly the same as I've calculated within my python
codes, FWIW).

I think I can set up a little nice netcat script to imitate those set
requests, directly through the telnet protocol, to capture the exact error
message. Not sure how the intermittent nature of the failures can come into
play here, but I'll try my best to reproduce it.

As for setting -o slab_chunk_size_max=1048576 --- I'll try that, but I need
to schedule a maintenance window with my peers. Let me do the netcat script
first, and I'll probably have the instance relaunched (with the new
setting) within a couple days and a few days later I'll ping back on
whether I'm still seeing the failures.

I'm attaching |stats items| here. Also attaching those |stats| and |stats
slabs| dumped at the same time for consistency.

Will come back with more info for the fun,
- Mnjul