Looks like the protocol is getting out of sync somehow.

conn_waiting only means it's waiting to read more bytes from the socket
from a set. Then it looks like the client doesn't send anymore bytes,
times out, then closes the socket (-> conn_read -> conn_closing).

It's most likely a bug in how you're using the binary protocol, but it's
hard to say from here. Somehow you're writing fewer bytes to the socket
than you told the binary protocol to receive.