Is the evictions counter increasing all the time? It might only be
completely full sometimes, which would cause evictions (like during peak).

if used is less than total but evictions is going up, either you have an
old broken version of memcached or that phpmemcachedadmin thing is wrong,
and you should just look at the output of the "stats items" and "stats
slabs" commands.