Hi everyone,

*Info : Centos 7 with CloudLinux 7.4 and cPanel*

I'm trying to run MEMCACHED with SASL on shared hosting (I'm the hosting
provider).

without SASL I'm able to connect memcached successfully but when I'm trying
it with SASL it's just not work.

When I start the memcache with following command, I'm seeing few
error/warnings, but I'm not sure are these related with my problem.

*> service memcached.service start*

systemd[1]: Started Memcached.
systemd[1]: Starting Memcached...
memcached[13922]: *sql_select option missing*
memcached[13922]: *auxpropfunc error no mechanism available*
memcached[13922]: _sasl_plugin_load failed on sasl_auxprop_plug_init for
plugin: sql
memcached[13922]: *auxpropfunc error invalid parameter supplied*
memcached[13922]: _sasl_plugin_load failed on sasl_auxprop_plug_init for
plugin: ldapdb
memcached[13922]: *ldapdb_canonuser_plug_init() failed in
sasl_canonuser_add_plugin(): invalid parameter supplied*
memcached[13922]: _sasl_plugin_load failed on sasl_canonuser_init for
plugin: ldapdb

I follow the setup which described on github;

*yum install libevent-develwget https://memcached.org/latest
<https://memcached.org/latest>tar -zxf latestcd memcached-1.5.5/./configure
--enable-saslmakemake install*

After setup I'm editing the /*usr/lib/systemd/system/memcached.service* file

[Unit]
Description=Memcached
Before=httpd.service
After=network.target

[Service]
Type=simple
EnvironmentFile=-/etc/sysconfig/memcached
ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/memcached -u $USER -p $PORT -m $CACHESIZE -c
$MAXCONN $OPTIONS *-S   *

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Also I editing the */etc/sysconfig/memcached* file

PORT="11211"
USER="root"
MAXCONN="1024"
CACHESIZE="64"
#OPTIONS="-l 127.0.0.1"
OPTIONS=""

Then, I use the following command for creating new user;

*saslpasswd2 -a memcached -c username*

and I'm trying to connect to it via some desktop clients or wordpress but
none of them can't connect to it when the SASL enabled.

For seeing logs :* /usr/local/bin/memcached -u root -p 11211 -m 64 -c 1024
-S -B binary -vvv* (and without "-B binary", result is same)

<37 new binary client connection.
37: going from conn_new_cmd to conn_waiting
37: going from conn_waiting to conn_read
37: going from conn_read to conn_parse_cmd
37: going from conn_parse_cmd to conn_waiting
37: going from conn_waiting to conn_read
37: going from conn_read to conn_closing
<37 connection closed.
37: going from conn_closing to conn_closed
<37 new binary client connection.
37: going from conn_new_cmd to conn_waiting
37: going from conn_waiting to conn_read
37: going from conn_read to conn_parse_cmd
37: going from conn_parse_cmd to conn_waiting
37: going from conn_waiting to conn_read
37: going from conn_read to conn_closing
<37 connection closed.
37: going from conn_closing to conn_closed
<37 new binary client connection.
37: going from conn_new_cmd to conn_waiting
37: going from conn_waiting to conn_read
37: going from conn_read to conn_parse_cmd
37: going from conn_parse_cmd to conn_waiting
37: going from conn_waiting to conn_read
<38 new binary client connection.
38: going from conn_new_cmd to conn_waiting
38: going from conn_waiting to conn_read
38: going from conn_read to conn_parse_cmd
38: going from conn_parse_cmd to conn_waiting
38: going from conn_waiting to conn_read
37: going from conn_read to conn_parse_cmd
37: going from conn_parse_cmd to conn_waiting
37: going from conn_waiting to conn_read
37: going from conn_read to conn_closing
<37 connection closed.
37: going from conn_closing to conn_closed
38: going from conn_read to conn_parse_cmd
38: going from conn_parse_cmd to conn_waiting
38: going from conn_waiting to conn_read
38: going from conn_read to conn_closing
<38 connection closed.
38: going from conn_closing to conn_closed