Hey,

Probably unrelated to the original thread. I'm highly interested in
understanding what's going on here though, and would appreciate any help
you can spare.

What data did you collect? The more information you can share the better:

1) start arguments for the daemon
2) stats output (stats, stats items, stats slabs, and importantly "stats
conns" - you will probably have to redact some of the output.
3) were you still able to connect to and run commands on those daemons
while they had a mass of CLOSE_WAIT?

Thanks,
-Dormando