From: Simonas Leleiva [mailto:simonas.lele...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 11:08 AM
To: mer-general@lists.merproject.org
Subject: Re: [mer-general] Re: Mer on Freescale iMX51

On 4 March 2013 15:54, Agron Selimaj
<as9902...@gmail.com<mailto:as9902...@gmail.com>> wrote:
I meant..
Are there tools similar to LTIB?
On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 10:49 AM, Agron Selimaj
<as9902...@gmail.com<mailto:as9902...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hello,

Hi! :)

I am looking for a core OS platform for a Freescale iMX 515 based product that
can boot from an SD card.
Did any try Mer on something like that? What was your experience like?

There was an effort a year ago on i.MX53 QSB, we managed to bring the board up
with graphics acceleration on the soft-floating-point port (I wonder if hardfp
binaries are available from Freescale now)

Lipstick QML (core part of Nemo UI):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIHRLbAAFIE
KDE PA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kbQU6n8Zkw

As you see, performance is only on an acceptable level. Depends on your
application. Tell us what you're intending to do approx.

For the hardware adaptation phase I used everything what LTIB could offer:
u-boot, kernel, Xorg GPU drivers, 2D/3D acceleration binaries, etc. Haven't
played with gstreamer yet.

Are there tools similar to TLIB?

To properly integrate everything into Mer's build system (OBS), one needs to
follow how other hardware adaptations are made:
https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptation_Guide
https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptation_Guide/Step_by_step

Marko Saukko's (Sage) slides from FOSDEM could be very handy at this point, too.

Is there enough documentation and community support to help to bring Mer to a
new motherboard like TS-4800
http://www.embeddedarm.com/products/board-detail.php?product=TS-4800 ?

It all depends on how good TS-4800's Linux Board Support Package (BSP) is.

Thanks

Cheers,
Simonas