In theory, you still have to buy windows.  I have a volume license,
as a Microsoft Partner, so for me it is free.  If you have a copy of
windows from another machine you won't be using, you can install it
on the Mac using Bootcamp.  Parallels is an option.  It was not
available last year when we bought the Macbook.  Boot Camp was, and
it is free.  SO, there was no net cost from making the Macbook dual
boot.  I have heard that windows is somewhat slower in parallels than
in Dual boot.  The Macbook boots pretty fast, so it has not been a
major pain to reboot in the desired OS.

Loren

At 12:44 AM 6/16/2007, you wrote:
>It seems than at Fri, 15 Jun 2007 15:31:11 -0500, Loren wrote:
>
> > For my $$$, the Macbook with Boot camp and windows is ideal.  For
> > surfing and itunes and I-anything use the mac.  When you need
> > Windoze, boot it into Windoze and go.
>
>BootCamp lets you install a copy of MSWindows, right? But you
>still have to purchase a copy of the version of MSWindows that
>you want to use.
>
>What about Parallels? Still have to buy two operating systems,
>but now MSWindows is running as a process in Mac OS.
>
>--      Philip

Loren Faeth