Nice picture!  Chuck, I like the license plate!

At 02:28 PM 6/13/2005, you wrote:
Dave,

In 1991, at a Tech Session of the Greater Washington Section, Norbert Lamp (President at the time of GWS and Master Tech at HBL Mercedes in Tyson's Corner, VA) did just this to my car. He worked w/the car on a lift... Must easier than from the top side. He removed the oil filter housing to get at the back of the IP. Took him 4 times to get it where he was happy. He test drove it and left the shifter in the "2" position.. Ran it up to 5,200 rpms and smiled. Been runnin' like a champ ever since.

Only timing chain replacements and valve adjustments. Never been opened and original turbo, IP, injectors and trans. Odo is now 338,000 .......... And I'm seriously considering driving to the GWS Tri-O-Rama event at Virginia International Raceway w/this lovely "Old Girl".

A picture of the "Old Girl" at a recent autocross here in Scottsdale, AZ is attached. Will be stripped from MBZ posting.

Take care,

Chuck
Phoenix
1980 300SD