Pkay, the further info is that I am quite upset with the designers/engineers, etc at Mercedes Benz! I have changed heads on cars that took less time than it is taking to simply get the carbs off of this heap!!!

I did read more through the manual, and the best info I could find was that it did say to remove the manifolds, if needed, with the carbs still on them! SO, I have been fighting off exhaust bolts which are nearly unreachable-especially with a tool-as well as manifold bolts, some of which are unreacheable-especially with a tool. I now am down to the point that I see ther eis a manifold bolt on the front end of the engine that is nestled very tightly between the block and the AC compressor. Now I am sure if there was no AC, this would be easy to get to, but I seriously do NOT see how to p[ossibly get to it without removing the AC, which is a whole 'nother pain in the EAR!!!

So, again, if anyone truly knows of another way this can be done, please let me know. It is one of the few sunny days I have had to work on it, and I was planning to get the things off, soaked, dried, reassembled, and back on today. I don't even have all of the manifold bolts out yet and it is 5:00, and I must get cleaned up for a dinner at 6:00!!!

[EMAIL PROTECTED]@#*!!!!  Mercedes!!!

Michael