On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 19:50:41 EDT [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated 6/19/2005 2:02:54 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> I have  an NA 300D (Euro 1984) engine in my ex-240D. It goes fairly well
> here in  Los Alamos, New Mexico, but it doesn't have an  ADA.
>
> Craig, it will either have an ADA (pressure chamber) or a manual screw
> adjustment in place of the ADA.  Only 74 and earlier diesels (the ones
> with   butterfly plates in the inlets) did not have ADAs, to my
> knowledge
>
> Look again, please, and tell us what's on the top of your IP at the
> rear.

Since several people have commented, I've attached a picture to this email
(I did, however, reduce its size before attaching it). I took this an
other pictures when I had the pump out for checking by the Bosch service
center in Albuquerque and the injectors out for rebuilding.

The cylinderical object at the top with the tube fitting is the vacuum
shutoff. The bolt at the rear top is the idle speed adjustment.

Craig