Jeff Zedic wrote:

> I've seriously thought about putting that $150 Rube Goldberg windmill on
> top of the apartment building that I co-own. Hey, if we could just run
> the lights for the hallways and outrside from it we'd save $3k a year!

I've got a neat article in which an old guy describes 60 years of Rube
wind generator construction, but it's a five page article buried in the
middle of a 7Mb PDF. (Homepower magazine, issue #79)
I can mail the whole thing if you can take an attachment that big.
(I'll send it once, so anybody who wants it get your request in today)