I had a similar problem. I would not get any real volume of air until I was on
the highway.  It would be cold air even at idle, but it just wasn't getting any
volume.  My problem on my car was a vacuum leak. Check all the vacuum lines and
I bet you will find one leaking.

Don Snook
90 300D 2.5 240K

Don & Teresa Merriman wrote:
> Gracias for the input.
> For awhile if I turned on the air with blower on before I started the
> car it would run for awhile, Don´t ya just love it when ya don´t get all
> the information on the first go around, dahhh, sorry. Should I still let
> out some freon?

What you report further suggests something related to BLOWER control and
NOT to compressaor operation or cooling. I don't see any way that too
much freon could lower the blower speed. I believe that blower speed
WILL change as cabin temperature (as measured by the cabin temp sensor)
approaches the temp set on the temp wheel if the control is in the
"auto" position.

If the temp sensor doesn't have sufficient air drawn across it (if the
"venturi" tube from the lower housing to the temp sensor) - perhaps
because the foam tube has disintegrated, fan speed and/or temp control
MAY become erratic.

Marshall