Roberto wrote:
Hello all you folks with great taste for fine cars (I mean Mercedes Benz)
As a new in the list I would like to share with you that I am testing my M130 280S rebuild engine, new pistons and rings 0.75mm oversize, re bored block (cylinder #4 lined to match the rest), new rods and crankshaft bearings, new valve guides and a new set of seals for the whole engine.

The results appears to be very good or at least reasonable, oil pressure at 45 even in idle at "P" and around 20 in idle with transmission in drive position.

The temperature runs around 175°F even if I left the car running in idle for a long time (more than 40 minutes), but in heavy traffic the temp raise up to the next mark (by the way somebody knows for sure what temperature means the next mark).

I ran a compression test with the following results :

Cold

Cyl #1 165

Cyl #2 170

Cyl #3 150

Cyl #4 160

Cyl #5 155

Cyl #6 175

Dif 25 pounds cyl 3 and 6

Hot

Cyl #1 165

Cyl #2 170

Cyl #3 160

Cyl #4 170

Cyl #5 170

Cyl #6 175

Dif 15 pounds cyl 3 and 6

Dwell 39°

Timing 10° BTDC

Sparks plugs Champion N9Y

Idle 900 RPM

The carbs was setting by hear due to the lack of instruments but seems to be close to spec, perhaps a little bit rich since there is a gas smell and no leaks are find yet.

The numbers above (temp, oil pressure and compression) are the values I must expect after a recent rebuild (100 miles) I will appreciate any input about; I am a little bit paranoic since this is my first rebuild.
 1972 W108 280S

The compression numbers look FINE. The mark above 175 is 212 and in traffic, running at 212 is not unusual although a little lower is probably a little more desirable.

Marshall
'87 300TD 181Kmi,'87 190D 2.5 199Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 227Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 159Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 234kmi
      Diesel Technical Advisor MBCA, member GWSection
    http://www.dhc.net/~pmhack/mercedes/mbooth1.htm