Somewhat OT:  There were two similar shade of yellow - Gelb (yellow)
and a lighter colored Helliosgelb (sun yellow).  Here's how I know:

One of my MBCA colleagues purchased a very nice yellow 1974 450SE
sedan that he wanted to show in a Concours d'Elegance.  He detailed
the car nicely and then as the final touch decided to paint the engine
bay.  One weekend he removed everything he could under the hood,
detached and masked the wiring harness (took him all day), scrubbed
and degreased all surfaces, purchased a quart of Glasurit Helios Gelb
paint according to the code on the chassis VIN plate, got up early the
next  morning and rolled up his sleeves.  He sprayed everything
religiously and carefully, noticing that it seemed to be a lighter
colored yellow than the rest of the car, but figured that when it
dried completely the color would of course DARKEN and match up
perfectly.  Once the paint had dried sufficiently, he removed all the
masking tape and reattached the wires to admire the fruits of his
labor.   To his horror, he realized that the yellow paint he had
sprayed on truly was indeed a DIFFERENT shade of yellow!!

It turns out the the PO had repainted the car GELB rather than HELIOS
GELB, presumably because he liked the darker yellow more!  Talk about
an unhappy camper...  He had to pull everything out and redo the whole
job the day before the show...